Friday, July 8, 2011

It's Time To Get Back To Blogging!

Oh my goodness, what a very busy spring we had!  It seemed as though volleyball consumed most days of our week and weekend for the months of March through mid-June.  This was Luke's senior year, so it was his last year to play for the Northwest Lions.  He had an awesome year, and we were so proud of him.  He was co-captain of his team this year AND he had awesome stats!

Luke also played for Missouri Thunder this year, so there were practices and tournaments throughout the year.  We saw so much good volleyball all year, and I certainly am sad to see this chapter of Luke's volleyball career come to an end.  In addition to St. Louis regional tournaments, we traveled to Milwaukee in February (who does that?) and went to Junior Olympic Nationals in Chicago in June.  Luke grew so much as a player from his Missouri Thunder experience.  I have to send a huge shout out to Coach Donna Hall.  She really helped Luke improve his mechanics and his overall game.

Both Luke and Emily were high school seniors this year, so there was lots of prep for graduation day.  They graduated on June 4th - a very proud day for Eddie and me.  Emily asked me on the way to school that morning if I was going to cry.  I told her "No, I'm so excited to see the two of you graduate!"  The moment I saw all of the graduates come out of the school building in their blue gowns and make their way to the football field the tears began.  I was a sobbing mess!  Such a wonderfully proud day!  Luke will be attending Jefferson College to study auto mechanics.  Classes start in late-August.  Emily will begin classes at L'Ecole Culinare in October.  She plans to be a pastry chef.

In November we found out that Emma was expecting a baby, so we've had lots of exciting doctor visits for check ups and ultrasounds.  On June 24th Liam Robert Kirkpatrick was born.  What a sweet baby boy he is.  He weighed 5 lbs, 8 oz and was 19" long.  He was a few weeks early and needed a little extra help to breathe, so he spent a few days at Cardinal Glennon before coming home.  Emma and Kane are doing a fine job of taking care of their son, and what a joy it is to have such a sweet little "peanut" in the house again.  I could just sit and stare at him all day every day.  Every little move he makes is completely adorable!

Between everything else, there has been everyday life, which to my joy includes grandson, Christian.  Papa watches him during the day while Mommy and Daddy are at work.  He gives me a much needed giggle almost every day.

Needless to say, we've had lots going on, but now I think we'll be able to get into a regular routine again.  I'm looking forward to getting back into my "foodie" mode.  Believe it or not, I've already started to think about the holidays - Thanksgiving menu and Christmas shopping.  They'll sneak up on us quicker than we think.

Enjoy a few pictures, my friends, and stop back often for some new and fresh ideas from Karan's Kitchen.





No comments:

Post a Comment