Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Best Darn Green Beans Ever



I love experimenting in the kitchen and amping up my favorite recipes.  Well, tonight I tried a new twist with green beans.  I recently bought a Power Cooker Plus and I love it.  While I'm still trying to learn all of its features, I've had a few successful dishes.  Tonight's green beans were probably the best green beans I've ever had.  Truth be told, this will probably replace Green Bean Casserole for Thanksgiving moving forward. 

2 lbs green beans (cut into 1" pieces)
8 slices bacon, sliced into 1/2" pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
3/4 tsp salt


Using the "Saute" function on the Power Cooker Plus, I selected high.
Slice the bacon into 1/2" pieces
Cook in the inner pot until crispy
Remove onto paper towel lined plate and set aside

Reduce heat on Power Cooker Plus to medium
Add chopped onion and sprinkle with salt
Stir and saute until soft (about 2 mins)

Add chicken stock to pot
Add green beans
Pressure cook on "Steam Veggie" setting for 2 minutes
Relieve steam quickly
Remove beans and onions from pot and put them in a bowl
Top with bacon

These were totally awesome!  If you have a Power Cooker or other brand, give them  a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment