Monday, April 25, 2011

Wow, I'm 50 Today!

Do you remember when we were young?   30 seemed so old.  Oh, we thought our parents were dinosaurs, let alone our 50 something grandparents - they were soooo old!

Today, I'm 50, and if you're looking for someone to complain about it, you're looking in the wrong place.  I love the idea of getting older.  Life and the world around me becomes clearer every day!   For years I've searched for the meaning of my life.  I want to make a difference.  I always thought making a difference had to be doing something huge, something that would draw attention.

Now, I realize it's the small every day things that count.  It's the person you hold the door for, the car you let in before you, the child you speak to, or that person you hug or smile at who may just be at the end of their rope.  It's the little things we do that truly make a difference.  I am satisfied with that.  I can look back at my life and feel like I've made a difference because I am kind to people - all people.

Satisfaction!

1 comment:

  1. Your comments remind me of something that happened this week. My daughter, Mandy, and I were at the store and we had a lot of things in our cart. I saw a lady with just a couple items and I told her to go ahead of us. No big deal. What impressed me, is today we were shopping again... same thing. And Mandy told an elderly lady to go ahead of us. I was so proud of her, and I felt like I taught my 24 year old something! (And if you knew Mandy, you'd know this is quite an accomplishment! She is a stubborn one!) lol ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete