Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Life has been just a little more than overwhelming the last couple of months, so there hasn't been much time to blog.  I'll get back to it soon, I promise.

Luke's school volleyball season is coming to an end.  As usual, I'm growing weary of the three games/week schedule and weekend tournaments, but oh how I'll miss watching Luke play.  We've invested four years in this team and we will certainly miss all of the boys we've grown to know so well.

Luke and Emily will graduate from high school on June 4th.  I've been doing the mental countdown to their graduation day since about the sixth grade.  I will certainly not miss late night homework or the last minute trips to Target for supplies for a school project they forgot about, I will miss the school activities and some of the outstanding teachers they've had along the way.  It's just hard to imagine the two of them will officially be adults . . . my babies have all grown up.

Emily will become a mother herself in July.  She has grown up so much in the last few months.  I am so proud of her.  She has really accepted her new responsibilities and will be a fine mother.  Baby Liam will have lots of love.    Emily's baby shower is May 21st, so we're very busy making final plans.  All of our out-of-town family will be here for the shower and to celebrate high school graduation.  That will be one busy weekend!  I have the best family.  My parents, brother, sister and families are the best.  They are there for anything any time we need them.

We are fortunate enough to see Paul, Katy and Christian almost every day.  Eddie watches Christian during the week, so the two of them are pretty tight.  And, what Grammy wouldn't give everything to see her completely adorable, totally entertaining grandson almost every day?  Paul and Katy are wonderful parents.  They put Christian's needs above everything else.  I have to say, my son did a fine job of picking a wife.  I couldn't love Katy more if she were one of my own.  How many mother-in-laws can say that?

On this Mother's Day, I consider myself lucky.  I have three great kids - they like me most days - and I like them most days.  We love each other every day, and we remember to say so.  I don't think I can ask for more.

Blessings to all of you on your Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment