Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kraft Fresh Take - Cheddar Jack & Bacon

I have been eyeing the new Kraft product in the grocery stores for the last few weeks, but finally had a coupon and decided to give it a try.  There are six flavors of the new Kraft Fresh Take.  They are a combination of cheese, spices and breadcrumbs in one package and are intended to be used to coat fish, chicken or pork, or mixed into ground beef.  They are found near the cheese products in the dairy section of your grocery store.

I bought the Cheddar Jack & Bacon flavor Fresh Take and used it to coat boneless pork chops.  It was so simple.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  I dropped each of my boneless chops into the bag of mixed cheese, spices, and breadcrumbs to coat them and then placed them on a baking stone.  I placed them in the oven and baked for about 30 minutes (I like my pork fully cooked - not rare or medium).  The instructions said not to turn the chops over half way through.  The did get a little mushy on the bottom, while crunchy on the top.
Maybe preheating the baking dish would help to crisp the bottom.  I'll try that the next time.

I heard only positive comments from the whole family about the flavor of the chops.  I served them with a fresh green salad and steamed cauliflower.  A really tasty dinner in about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment