Monday, May 7, 2012

Sizzling Salads - A delicious new Kraft product

We tried a new Kraft product for dinner last night, and it was surprisingly good - Sizzling Salads Southwest Chicken Dinner.  The kit comes with a bottle of seasoning sauce in which to marinate and/or cook the chicken and a bottle of salad dressing to compliment the seasoning.  All you add is chicken, lettuce, and any other salad fixings you'd like.

Our Southwest Salad consisted of 1 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" strips.  I cooked the chicken in 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.  I sprinkled sea salt and Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning on both sides of the chicken as it cooked.  Once the chicken was fully cooked, I added 1/2 the bottle of of chicken seasoning sauce and let it cook for about 1 1/2 minutes more.

I combined Iceberg lettuce and spinach in a large serving bowl.  I drained and rinsed a small can of black beans and drained a small can of yellow sweet corn.  These were sprinkled over the top of the greens.  I added thinly sliced red onion and Kraft shredded Mexican Cheese and then tossed the salad well.

The kit contained a bottle of BBQ Ranch salad dressing.  (I thought that sounded kind of gross - but it was actually very good.)  This dinner salad got a big thumbs up from the whole family and we'll definitely be enjoying it again soon.

There were several other flavors too.  I bought the Asian Chicken Dinner Kit and plan to make that with Iceberg, Romaine, and Spinach, Mandarin Oranges, Mozzarella Cheese, red onion and toasted sesame seeds.  The kit comes with Teriyaki Ginger chicken seasoning sauce and Toasted Sesame salad dressing.  I can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment