Monday, September 30, 2013

Life is Entertaining

Life with a two-year-old in the house when you're in your fifties is entertaining.  There are very few moments of boredom when youngsters fill your evenings and weekends.

Last night my grandson, Liam, decided he was going to sleep in my bed.  He announced in his cool, crisp little voice "Gammy's bed" as he climbed the doggie stairs to crawl in next to PaPa (his ultimate favorite person).  He fell asleep quickly and PaPa got up to go watch TV in another room and fell asleep.  By the time I went to bed, I woke Emily (Liam's mom) and she decided she'd sleep on one side of Liam and I'd sleep on the other. Aerobic bedtime doesn't even begin to describe the night I had.

     Liam rolls over on me -- the dogs (who think it's their bed) growl

     I roll over on my side to give Liam a little more room -- the dogs growl again

     Liam rolls closer -- I pick him up and put him back in the middle where he began the night

     Liam rolls over on me -- the dogs growl more

     Okay - you get the picture.  A very restful night!


At 5:00 AM Liam wakes up screaming "PaPa".  Of course, PaPa is not in bed.  After a diaper change and a refilled cup of milk I thought the little man might go back to sleep.  Oh no!  Only PaPa would do.  PaPa came in to get him and he laid down with him in the bunk beds for about 20 minutes.  Just as I was falling back to sleep I heard a sweet little voice saying "Gammy's bed" as he climbed the stairs once again.  I told him to lie down on the pillows and he immediately began to yell for PaPa yet again.

Needless to say, there was no more sleep for anyone in the house.  But . . . that is not the end of the story.

As I was showering this morning I heard a loud thud.  Liam had climbed into the bathtub in his jammies and diaper.  He looked up at me saying "shower -- shower".  He was so cute!  I was trying to rinse my hair and he said, "Gammy - shower mine".  Who knew?  At two, he's taken over my bed and the shower.  What's left?

As for me, I was tired - very tired - today.  Liam -- he had a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon.  He's good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment