Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Taco Salad with a New Twist

Every once in a while I run across a recipe that is easy and delicious.  This is one that became a family favorite the first time I made it.

7 oz Nacho Cheese Doritos (broken up)
1 lb ground beef (browned)
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
3/4 cup water
2 cups of Kraft Shredded Mexican Cheese
2 cups lettuce (bite size)

Place the broken Doritos in the bottom of an 8" x 10" baking dish.

Brown the ground beef and drain.  Add the taco seasoning and the water and simmer for five minutes.

Spoon the seasoned ground beef over the Doritos.  Sprinkle with the cheese and top with lettuce.

I like to serve this topped with a sprinkling of Pico de Gallo, a dollup of Guacamole, and a dollup of sour cream.

I've previously posted recipes for Pico de Gallo and Guacamole.  If you can't find them, or if you're in a hurry, send me an e-mail and I'll send them to you.

Note:  The first time I made this I baked it for 10 minutes to melt the cheese before adding the lettuce.  While it did taste good, once it was no longer hot the cheese was just a hardened mess.  I don't recommend baking this . . . it's much better unbaked.



No comments:

Post a Comment