Sunday, January 3, 2021

Drunken Cranberry Meatballs

 Christmas for our family was a little different this year.  It was the first time in my 59 years that I didn't spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my parents and my sister and brother and families.  Emotionally, that was a little tough.  We didn't get together with all of our kids and grandkids (all part of our bubble) until the day after Christmas.  I figured by that time the kids and grandkids would all be turkey and ham dinnered out, so I decided we'd do finger foods for our get together.  These "drunken" meatballs were just one of many of the foods that rounded out our day of gifts, games and gluttony.  

1 (14 oz) can of Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
3 sprigs of fresh Rosemary -- growing in my windowsill 
2 (26 oz) bags of Farm Rich Homestyle frozen meatballs
1  (12 oz) bottle of Eckert's Sweet Bourbon Glaze**
1/2 cup bourbon

Place all ingredients in a crockpot set on low.
Allow to cook for 3 hours before serving.
Stir once every 1/2 hour to coat the meatballs evenly. 
Set your crockpot to warm setting for the rest of your event.

These are bound to be a favorite!

** Each summer Eckert's opens a market at 141 and Manchester Road in addition to their orchards/farms in Illinois.  I make it a point to stock up on their Sweet Bourbon Glaze in addition to many of their sauces and dressings.  They are superb!  It's well worth the trip if you've never been there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment