Sunday, January 3, 2021

I LOVE SHRIMP!

 I LOVE shrimp!  That's a given.  I could probably eat it multiple nights each week and never get tired of it.  One of our finger foods for our Christmas get-together was homemade shrimp cocktail.  I've purchased shrimp trays and prepared plenty of my own, but this recipe was hands down the best I've ever had.  

1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
8 cups cold water
1 yellow onion sliced 
2 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 tsp whole black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
2 lbs raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)

In a large pot combine the water, lemon, onion, garlic, tarragon, peppercorns and bay leaf and bring to a boil.  

Prepare a large bowl of ice water.

Add the raw shrimp to the boiling mixture and cook for 2 minutes.  Shrimp should be bright pink.

Remove quickly and place in the ice water for 5 minutes before serving. 

Serve with Cocktail Sauce.  Find the recipe on this blog.  

This can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  



No comments:

Post a Comment