Sunday, June 19, 2022

Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

 

Honestly, I do not like brussels sprouts at all, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving last year I agreed to try the sprouts my son-in-law brought to share.  Much to my surprise, I liked this recipe.  I may have something to do with the fact that bacon is my favorite food.  😁

4 strips thick-cut bacon
2 Tbsp butter
1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 large onion, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy.  Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, and then roughly chop.  

In the same pan with the bacon fat, melt the butter over high heat.  Add onions and Brussels Sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 8 - 10 minutes.  

Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss bacon back into the pan.  

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment