Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Have So Much To Be Thankful For . . .



















Our kids are such blessings!  I admit, we have our share of challenges, but what parents don't?  The teenage years are tough, but we know from experience kids need to make mistakes and learn from them to become responsible adults.  Paul, our oldest son, made some poor teenage choices, but became a young man his father and I are so proud of.  He married Katy, who we absolutely love, and 16 months ago they gave us the sweetest gift of all . . . Christian.  He really is a joy!

Luke and Emily are seniors this year.  What an exciting time!  Luke has a goal to play volleyball in the Olympics.  It's a lofty goal, but if anyone can make it happen, he can.  He works really hard at his sport. He is a good student and we're busy looking at colleges.  Wouldn't it be fun to watch him play beach volleyball in the 2012 or 2016 Olympics?  There would be no keeping me away.

Emily wants to be a pastry chef.  She likes to make cakes and cupcakes.  She's very artistic so this could be a good career choice for her.  We've looked at several culinary schools.  All I can say about that is "I wanna go!".  She's quite the cook and really seems to have a good idea of what she wants to do with her life.

I didn't have that clarity when I was a senior in high school.  I just couldn't wait to get out of school.  I didn't really have any idea what I wanted to do for the rest of my life when I was 18.

This Thanksgiving, it isn't hard to count my blessings.  The whole family is employed.  We spend time together.  And . . . we all love each other.  What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment