Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Planning

What a day I had today!  Any thoughts of accomplishing anything were out the window by 10:00 a.m.  I spent my day playing with my grandson, Christian.  He is so much fun!  He learned to hop yesterday, so we spent lots of time hopping and "going crazy".  We spin around, jump up and down, wave our arms over our head, and yell "Go Crazy".  His little feet get moving so fast - and he really can say "Go Crazy".  Too cute!  He was so worn out today that he actually fell asleep in his high chair in the middle of his lunch.  Secret . . . Grammy's tired too!


I have been trying really hard to get inspired to plan my Thanksgiving menu this year.  So far, creativity has eluded me.  It will come . . . I just hope it's soon.


As I cruised the internet looking for some new ideas, I ran across the following list of Thanksgiving hotlines on iVillage:

Holiday Cooking Hotlines

For answers to all of your holiday cooking queries, try these three hotlines:

Turning Leaf’s Holiday Hotline: Call 1-877-TLWINE-3 from October 31 through December 31 for tips and a fresh perspective on holiday entertaining. Help is available around the clock with 24-hour access to automated tips.

Crisco® Pie Hotline: Call 1-877-FOR PIE TIPS if you need a little help baking your Thanksgiving pie. The line is open 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET year round, but hours are extended from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET from November 15-24 and December 13-23.

Butterball's Turkey Talk-Line: Call 1-800-BUTTERBALL or e-mail talkline@butterball.com throughout November and December. No question is too tough for these turkey talkers, and they are ready and excited to tackle any challenge you throw at them.


I learned a tidbit of Thanksgiving trivia too . . . 
          Did you know that Thanksgiving Day is the busiest day for plumbers?

It's because people shove way too many things into their garbage disposals and clog their drains.       *** Be careful out there ***

No comments:

Post a Comment