Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Did anyone notice it's hot outside?

Oh, I'm tired of this heat and the poor air quality days.  I simply cannot breathe outside of an air conditioned building and I feel sluggish.  This summer our family has not spent any time outdoors.  Eddie and Luke have managed to keep the lawn mowed, but my plants and hanging baskets are anything but stellar this year.  I'm almost embarrassed to have anyone over.  Winter was too cold - Spring was too cold and wet - Summer is too hot!  Is it just me???  Or is the weather this year totally out of control?

We've been eating cold dinners this week.  Monday was Egg Salad Sandwiches with veggies and Ranch Dip and watermelon and cantaloupe cubes.

Tonight we had BLTs with veggies and fruit.

Good stuff, but I need to get a little more creative for the rest of the week.  I think I've sandwiched the family out. Temps are supposed to remain hot for at least five more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment