Thursday, August 9, 2012

Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms

I love stuffed mushrooms, but sometimes I get tired of just the ordinary sausage and/or cheese stuffed mushrooms.  Here's a recipe that will mix it up a little.  I love this because I'm a huge fan of Stove Top Stuffing.  These are a great party appetizer or fantastic with a steak dinner.

1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing (chicken flavor)
1 1/2 cups hot water
2 lbs fresh mushrooms (I like Baby Portabellas)
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz chopped fresh spinach (make sure it's washed)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix stuffing mix and water.  Remove mushroom stems and chop them.
Melt butter in skillet and add the chopped stems and garlic.  Cook and stir until tender.  Add to stuffing.  Stir in spinach and cheeses and mix well.

Spoon into mushroom caps.  Place in shallow baking pan.  Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.

Yum!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment