Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fool Proof Chicken Breasts

It seems like everywhere I go the last couple of weeks people are sneezing, coughing and sniffling.  This week everyone in our house is suffering with the side effects of a cold.  NO FUN!!!  I'm actually feeling better, but I still sound terrible.  Unfortunately, I spend a fair amount of each day on the phone.  I'm not sure if it's harder for me to talk or for those poor unsuspecting customers to call and have to listen to me.  


When I don't have much of an appetite, nothing sounds good and I can't get motivated to cook.  That's when I go to my good ole stand-by - Chicken Breasts.  There is a quick and easy way to fix them - any flavor you like - and they turn out perfectly every time.


Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into a bowl.  Add 2 tsp of your favorite Seasoning Blend.  I like the Italian Seasoning Mix, Southwestern Seasoning Mix, Asian Seasoning Mix, Smoky Barbecue Rub, or Lemon Pepper Rub.  All are very tasty.  Pick whichever suits your taste on any given day.


Place your chicken breasts into the olive oil and seasoning.  Add a little bit of salt and stir well to coat chicken.  Allow to sit for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.


Heat  a ribbed grill pan on your stove top over medium heat.  Spray with Pam for Grill spray.  When the grill is hot, place the chicken breasts on the grill and top with grill press.  Cook undisturbed for six minutes.  Turn your chicken breasts and top with the grill press again.  Cook another six minutes.  Turn breasts again.  Leave grill on stove top, but turn heat off.  Top with grill press and allow to sit for six more minutes.


These turn out perfectly every time.  Use a timer - do not cheat on the time.  They are perfect to slice and eat alone as an entree, added to a salad, or added to a pasta dish.  Just add a veggie and a side dish and you'll have a quick and really good dinner.


Yummalicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment