Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recipe Inspirations - A Fantastic New Find

This has been a week of interesting finds at the grocery store.  I love it when I find new products that make cooking easier and my recipes taste better.  This one definitely falls into the category of  "Easy". 

McCormick has put out a product called "Recipe Inspirations".  They have packaged pre-measured spices in six small blister packs attached to one package to be used in a recipe that is printed on a removable recipe card attached to the back of the package.  This is a great idea for cooks who don't have a large variety of spices in their kitchen.  I bought two packages - Apple & Sage Pork Chops and Shrimp & Pasta Primavera.  There were packages for Quesadillas and Fajitas and a couple of others I can't remember. 

I made the Shrimp & Pasta Primavera a couple of nights ago.  It was really good!  It included 1 1/2 tsp Dill Weed, 1 tsp Minced Garlic, 1 tsp Minced Onions, 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper, and 1/4 tsp Thyme Leaves.  I have all of theses spices in my kitchen, but now I have the recipe card to keep with my recipe collection AND . . . it sure was easy to open five little blister packs and just pour the pre-measured spices into my saucepan. 

Give these a try and let me know what you think of them.  They cost $1.99 per package.  I found them at Dierbergs in the spice aisle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment