Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving is Approaching

This is by far my favorite time of the year.  The weather is changing and the sweaters are coming out.  I love the cooler weather.  Put me in my jeans and a sweatshirt and I'm a happy camper! :)

There hasn't been much time this year to look for creative new ideas for our family Thanksgiving dinner.  Life has become so busy.  The past two years have been packed full of just way too much to do.  So, tonight I decided it's time to stop and make my list of blessings for the year.

     Luke and Emily graduated from high school - Woo Hoo!  They made it!
     Paul & Katy are expecting a new baby girl, Elisabeth, on January 25th.
     Baby Liam was born on June 24th.
     Liam had the best of care at Cardinal Glennon Hospital and is a healthy little boy.
     Christian learned to say my name.  He calls me "Bammy", and I wear my title
       proudly!
     Luke started school at Jefferson College in August.  He's majoring in Automotive
       Technology.
     Emily started Culinary School at Le'Ecole Culinaire in October and she loves it!
       I want to go!!!
     I have a great job and I work with really terrific people - my daughter-in-law included.
     Eddie watches Christian and Liam during the week, so I get to see my grandchildren
       often.
     Paul & Katy bought a new house.  What a great home they have!
     I have wonderful parents and a brother and sister I love dearly, not to mention
       their spouses and children.  We manage to love each other in spite of ourselves :)

Just putting these things in writing makes me feel better.  Sometimes the busyness of life throws us into a tailspin and we don't appreciate the good things around us.  My blessings keep me busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I sure hope your list of blessings is long and that life is good for you, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment