Monday, June 25, 2012

I Tried A New Product Tonight - Daddy Hinkle's Instant Meat Marinade

I stopped to get a couple of steaks to grill for dinner.  As I walked down the condiment aisle, I spotted a trial size of a product I've never used before -- Daddy Hinkle's Instant Meat Marinade.  For $1.28 the package marinated and seasoned our steaks, and there was enough of the dry spice to sprinkle over the fresh broccoli  we steamed as our veggie for tonight.  The flavor I bought was Onion & Garlic (two of my favorite flavors).

Daddy Hinkle's comes in a two section package.  One side contains a liquid marinade and the other is a dry spice mixture to sprinkle over the steak.  I let the steaks marinate for about five minutes and then sprinkled them with the dry spice mixture on both sides and let them sit for about 10 minutes while the grill preheated.

I  trimmed the broccoli crowns and placed them into the Pampered Chef Steamer Basket.  I placed the basket in a 4-quart saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of water.  I sprinkled them with sea salt and then about 1/2 tsp of the Daddy Hinkle's spice mixture.  I put the lid on the pan and cooked it over high heat for about 15 minutes.

I placed the steaks on the grill and let them cook for about five minutes on each side.  Once removed from the grill, I let them sit for about 10 minutes while I prepared a simple lettuce salad topped with fresh peach salad dressing.

This was a perfect hot summer night dinner.  I'll certainly be buying Daddy Hinkle's Instant Meat Marinade again.  The flavor of the steaks and the broccoli was terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment