Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Favorite Week of the Year

Tomorrow is the start to my favorite week of the year.  It's the beginning of a week that's full of family, food and fun.  It's a week of reflection on my life and hopes for the future.  I always take the week off work to cook and clean and get the house in shape for the holidays.  There are lots of snacks to make - and now the grandkids can help :). And there is a Thanksgiving meal to make to share with family and friends on Thursday.  We'll have a fun week.  Most of you know my hubby watches all three grandkids every day, so we'll have lots of help.

Papa pulled out all of the Christmas decorations today, so the lights will go up over the next few days and then be lit Thanksgiving night after dinner.  We put up our tree and decorate for Christmas while we watch It's A Wonderful Life every Thanksgiving night.  That's a tradition we started years ago.  I'm a believer that Thanksgiving should have its perfect day before the Christmas rush takes over.

Friday, the kids and I will travel to New Windsor to celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents, brother, sister, and families.  It should be a great weekend!

We had a year full of blessings --
   Granddaughter Elisabeth Lynn was born on January 25th
   We see all three of our grandkids almost every day
   Luke started the Automotive Program at Vatterott College on July 5th and is doing very well
   Emma is 2/3 of the way through Culinary School at L'Ecole Culinaire and getting fantastic grades
   We are all gainfully employed
   Everyone is healthy
   My boys are hunting together this year - I love that they spend time together :)
   My parents and Eddie's mom are well and will be spending the holidays with us
   Our brothers and sisters and their families are part of our daily lives
   We had lots of time to spend with family throughout the year - and we all still like each other :)

Life isn't all puppies and rainbows -- we have bad days and dark clouds now and again.  But the good days far outnumber the bad.  Life is good and we have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment