Friday, November 13, 2009

Green Bean Casserole - I Love the Original, But I've Souped This Up Too

Green Bean Casserole is a must have at our Thanksgiving table.  I think I've tried every variation you can think of, but I always come back to the original with only a small twist.  

The recipe calls for 8 cups of cooked green beans.  I use two pounds of fresh green beans and I cook them in 2 cups of turkey stock for about 20 minutes.  It gives them a unique and really tasty flavor.

2 cans (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup of milk
2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
8 cups of cooked green beans
2 2//3 cups French's Crispy Fried Onions (divided)

Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups French fried onions.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until hot.  Stir.
Top with remaining onions.  Bake for 5 minutes more.

One more twist -- I add 2 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes and four slices of cooked crumbled bacon to the soup mixture.

YUMMY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment