Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This is my favorite week of the year

Call me crazy, but I like the week of Thanksgiving.  I am on vacation!

Today I spent most of my day playing with my favorite little guy, Christian.  He's five months old now and just so sweet.  He's reaching for things and people now - even his crazy Grandma.  He giggles and squeals when Grandpa tickles him and makes funny faces .  What a happy little guy - he's just such a delight!   Poor Mommy and Daddy have to keep an eye on Grandpa though, because he's always talking about feeding Christian jelly biscuits and cookies.  For right now, I think we'll stick to formula and rice cereal.

Tomorrow I'll finish my grocery shopping.  The only things left to buy are the strawberries and blue berries for the fruit salad.  Oh, and more sweet potatoes.  My youngest son, Luke, just informed me that the only way he'll eat sweet potatoes is mashed or whipped.  The only way my oldest son, Paul will eat sweet potatoes is chunked and baked.  Hmmmm!   Guess I'll be making both.  After all, Thanksgiving is all about the food and I want to have everyone's favorite.

Wednesday Emily and I will start cooking.  I can't wait.  All of my new Pampered Chef cookware will get a workout.  We'll do the Pumpkin Pie, Chutney, and Oreo Turkeys.  We'll prep the turkey too, so it's ready to pop in the oven on Thursday.  We'll plan dinner for 6:00 p.m. and then decorate the Christmas tree after.  Eddie already has twinkling lights up in the kitchen and dining room.  We hope family and friends will join us for the evening.

We have so much to be thankful for this year.  Eddie and I have great kids.  Oh, we have the normal parents of teenagers complaints, but we're pretty lucky - no serious trouble.  The whole family is employed  - even the teenagers.  Paul and Katy both have good jobs and Grandpa watches Christian.    Life is good for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment