Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tangy Spinach and Pasta Salad

The weather is getting warmer and cool suppers will become the norm around our house as summer approaches.  Have your family try this and see if they notice how healthy it is.

It calls for grilled chicken and crispy bacon.  I like to fry extra bacon when I fix it for breakfast and then keep the leftovers in the freezer to use when I need bacon bits for a recipe.  I usually grill two extra chicken breasts when I prepare chicken breasts for dinner.  I dice them and keep them in the freezer to use when I need dinner in a hurry.  (See my recipe for Fool-Proof Chicken Breasts)


Ingredients:
6 cups uncooked rotini pasta
8 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
2 cups diced cooked chicken  (12 oz)
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
½ cup chopped carrot
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
2 hard-cooked eggs, diced
¾ cup French dressing



1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold running water.
2. Place pasta in Stainless Mixing Bowl (8 qt.); add spinach, chicken, bacon, carrot, cheese, onion and eggs.
3. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

Serves 12

No comments:

Post a Comment