Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Basil & Garlic Vegetable Pasta with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Those of you who have been in my kitchen have seen the very large, but really nice spice rack Eddie built for me.  It's great!  And by alphabetizing my spices, I'm able to find what I'm looking for easily.

Most of my spices are "Spice Island".  It's a brand I have purchased for years.  More and more, I find myself buying McCormick products.  I really love the "Perfect Pinch" spice blends and their "Recipe Inspirations".  These are awesome products.  Give the McCormick recipe below a try. . .

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic or white win vinegar
4 tsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Basil & Garlic Seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups assorted vegetables, such as broccoli florets, bell pepper strips, sliced carrots, snow peas and cherry tomatoes
8 oz penne pasta, cooked and drained
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-size chunks

Mix oil, vinegar, seasoning and salt in large bowl until well blended.  Add vegetables, pasta and cheese, toss to coat well.

Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment