Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Do you suffer with Eczema?

As a youngster and until I was almost 30 I suffered terribly with Eczema.  There were times my skin was so broken and sore on my hands, feet, legs and arms that I was ashamed to be seen in public.  Not only was it embarrassing, it was itchy and painful too.

When I turned 30, I was pregnant with my second child, and my Eczema magically disappeared.  At the time I thought there must have been a hormonal connection.  Maybe a pregnancy related hormone was the cure to my miserable skin condition.  During that pregnancy I was only able to eat Pasta House Salad (which I didn't  even like before my pregnancy) and drink orange juice.  I couldn't stomach anything else.  Luke, who is 20 today would choose to be a vegetarian if I would let him.  He loves salad, and is seriously not a huge fan of meat.

My Eczema did not return after my pregnancy.  I've already told you Luke is 20 now, and only today do I have  a return outbreak of Eczema.  I have confirmed my theory -- I continued to eat Pasta House Salad  (of course I have a perfect recipe) at least once each week.  Olive oil is a staple ingredient in the Pasta House Salad Dressing.  I also cook with lots of olive oil.  I credit the olive oil with relieving my Eczema.

Last week I ran out of olive oil, and I haven't had the time to get to Sam's to buy the three-liter bottle I usually buy.  It's far too expensive at the grocery store.  Today, my hands are breaking out.

Who needs a Dermatologist or a prescription for steroids when we have olive oil?

No comments:

Post a Comment