Saturday, January 29, 2022

Campari Tomato Galette


I love tomatoes, and this is a version of a recipe that I found on my Campari tomato carton last week.  I modified it a bit since I'm not great with dough.  

1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
5 Campari tomatoes
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
2 Tbsp breadcrumbs (I used Progresso Italian)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg, beaten

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. 
Place the pie crust on a large round baking stone.
Slice Campari tomatoes to 1/4" thickness.
Spread breadcrumbs over the dough, leaving 1" border uncovered.
Sprinkle half of the Parmesan on top.
Starting from the center, place the tomato slices in a circular pattern, overlapping each slice by half, up to the edge of the breadcrumbs.  
Sprinkle a pinch of ground black pepper, mixed herbs, and remaining Parmesan over the tomatoes. 
Sprinkle with salt.
Lift edges of the dough and fold them inward over the filling, pleating as you go.
Brush edge of galette with beaten egg.  
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until edges are browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment