Sunday, January 16, 2022

A Really Good Spice Blend for Beef, Chicken or Pork

I love a good steak, and a ribeye is my favorite.  I've tried lots of different steak rubs to get just the right flavor.  I've tried almost every spice blend available in the grocery store, but the one below has become my go to rub.

8 tsp coarse kosher salt
8 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp black pepper

 

Combine all of the ingredients in a small mason jar or spice bottle.  Put the lid on and shake it to thoroughly combine all ingredients.  Store in a cool dry place and shake it frequently to keep it from hardening.  

When ready to use, generously cover each side of your steak with the seasoning and let it rest for about 45 minutes.  Once your grill or skillet is hot, place the steak(s) on it and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, until seared.  Flip and cook to your desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment