Sunday, January 9, 2022

Cinnabon French Toast Bake

I found this recipe on the back of a Pillsbury Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, and it is really delicious.  I'll just warn you ahead of time . . . it's very sweet, and I'm convinced I gain weight just looking at it.

1/4 cup butter (melted)
2 cans Pillsbury Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls (13 oz)
6 eggs
1/2 cup whipping cream  (I used milk)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (I left them out)
1 cup maple syrup (I used the real stuff)
Powdered sugar (I left this out)
1/2 cup maple syrup, if desired (I did not use)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  
Pour melted butter into an ungreased 13" x 9" baking dish
Separate dough into 16 rolls and cut into four pieces each
Place pieces over butter in dish

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended
Pour over roll pieces
Sprinkle with pecans
Drizzle with 1 cup of maple syrup

Bake 28 - 30 minutes or until golden brown
Cool 15 minutes
Remove covers from icing and microwave at 50% power for 10 - 15 seconds until thin enough to drizzle

Drizzle icings over the top
Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Serve with additional 1/2 cup of maple syrup

 This was very sweet, and I prepared it without the powdered sugar, pecans, and extra syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment