Sunday, February 27, 2022

Rhubarb Crumble


 I grew up in northwestern Illinois in farm country.  We always had a big garden and rhubarb was in plentiful supply.  My sister and I would eat it straight from the garden and just dip it in a small cup of sugar.  

This crumble recipe is one I enjoy, although my garden hasn't been nearly as productive in the rhubarb department as my parents' garden.  I think it may be just a bit too warm here in Missouri for rhubarb to thrive.  

Crumble
1 cup flour
1/3 cup oats
3/4 cup sugar 
Pinch of salt
6 Tbsp melted butter

Combine ingredients in a bowl and squeeze into large crumbles.  Place in the freezer.

Rhubarb
2 lbs chopped rhubarb
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange zest
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Combine the rhubarb with the rest of the ingredients in an 8" x 8" baking dish.  Scattyer the crumble on top and bake for 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.  Let cool for 15 minutes and serve with whipped cream.  

Combine 

No comments:

Post a Comment