Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Venison Summer Sausage - Deer Sausage

A great big thank you goes out to our neighbors, Mr. & Mrs. Banks, for sharing their delicious Venison Summer Sausage recipe.  Paul and I made many batches this past weekend from the deer he brought home a few weeks ago.  The meat grinder I bought three years ago finally got a workout.  Paul actually told me never to go out and buy anything for processing deer meat again since he had a two-year dry spell after I bought the grinder.  From now on, I'll wait . . .

1 lb ground venison
1 lb pork sausage
1 cup water
3 tsp Morton Quick Cure Salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke

Mix all ingredients well.  Form meat into two long rolls about the size of salami.  Wrap in foil and refrigerate for 24 hours.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Remove from oven and cool slightly.  Re-wrap in foil and refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment