Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Christmas Party Food - Broccoli Tree

I found this recipe in Better Homes & Gardens a few years ago, and I use it every year now when entertaining for the holidays.

On a large platter, arrange broccoli florets in the shape of a tree.  Trim the tree with sweet yellow peppers cut in star shapes, radishes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a snowy base of cauliflower.  A broccoli-stem trunk and star-shaped dish filled with dip complete this edible treat.

I don't own a star-shaped dish, so I use a square bowl turned so a corner touches the top of the platter.  I fill it with my family's favorite Dip Dip.  I play with my veggies to come up with a decorative touch for the dip.

I don't like peppers, so I use carrots and cucumbers to accent the tomatoes on my tree.

Try this one for a party this year and make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment