Thursday, October 27, 2011

Easy Lasagna Skillet

As the weather gets cooler, I find myself craving comfort food.  I especially like a good lasagna, but I'm not a huge fan of all the time and work that go into the preparation.  I found an awesome recipe on the back of the  Philadelphia Tomato & Basil Cooking Creme package for Easy Lasagna Skillet and we tried it for dinner tonight.  The recipe serves six.

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup each chopped green and red peppers
1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
2 cups water
12 lasagna noodles (broken
1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia Tomato & Basil Cooking Creme

Brown the meat with peppers in deep large nonstick skillet; drain.

Stir in sauce and water.  Bring to a boil.  Stir in noodles; cover.  Simmer on medium-low heat 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.

Add cooking creme; swirl with spoon.  Remove from heat.  Let stand, covered 3 minutes.

For my crew of big eaters, I made a few changes.  I doubled the ground beef; replaced the peppers with one diced white onion; doubled the spaghetti sauce and water; and used one full 16 oz box of lasagna noodles.  Using just one tub of the cooking creme was still sufficient to create a creamy cheesy yummy texture.

This recipe was a hit with the whole family and definitely one we will serve again.


No comments:

Post a Comment