Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Quick Tip - Bacon

Our family loves bacon.  We usually include bacon with breakfast at least one day of the weekend.  I like to use bacon in lots of other recipes, but there isn't always time to defrost and then fry a few pieces to use in a recipe that calls for bacon bits for week night dinners.  It doesn't take that much extra time to fry more bacon.

I always fry two pounds of bacon when I make it for breakfast.  We usually eat a little bit more than one pound. That leaves me with a fair amount of leftover bacon which I put into a Ziploc Freezer bag and put it in the freezer.  When I have a recipe that calls for bacon during the week I simply take what I need from the freezer.  It's a great time saver and it tastes so much better than the packaged bacon bits (real or otherwise).  It's so much cheaper too!

No comments:

Post a Comment