Saturday, January 2, 2010

What to do with the Leftovers???

We had lots of chicken, beef, and veggies left over.  And . . . with temps only in the 20s, that spelled soup to me.  I made a big pot of Chicken & Gnocchi Soup (the recipe was posted on the blog on October 29th) with the left over chicken.

The beef was coated in flour and then placed in a frying pan with vegetable oil heated over medium high heat.  Once browned, the beef was placed in a crock pot with four cups of beef stock (made from the beef and veggie scraps from prep night).  Add the leftover potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and one onion.  I diced one medium tomato and then put the lid on the crock pot.  I put the lid on and let it cook for 6 hours.  It made a great pot of beef stew.  It definitely warms you up inside.

I really haven't had to cook all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment