Thursday, April 28, 2022

Mango-Avocado Pico De Gallo

Did you know that Pico de gallo means "rooster's beak" in Spanish?  I just recently learned that.  I love Pico de gallo with tacos, taco salad, and other taco spiced dishes.  It's a refreshing addition.  

Those who know me, know that I don't like peppers, be that bell peppers or jalapenos.  Even the smell of them sends me running.  But . . . I've adapted a few recipes that fill that gap for me.  This is one of them.

2 mangoes, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp lime zest
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced

In a medium bowl, combine mangoes, red onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, oil, cumin and salt.  
Gently stir in avocado.  Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.  


No comments:

Post a Comment