Sunday, April 17, 2022

Parmesan Vinaigrette

I am so guilty of buying lots of salad dressing in various flavors and I wind up with 10 open bottles in the fridge and nine of them are past their "best by" date.  I am making a real effort to eliminate wastefulness in my life and it's recipes like this one that will help me with that mission.  I can make just enough dressing for one night's dinner.

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp lemon zest
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (one large lemon should do -- two, if they're small)
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup cilantro

Process Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.  Add parsley and cilantro; pulse 5 or 6 times or just until blended.  

Note:  I like to use my Pampered Chef mini food processor for this.  It's much smaller and less messy than dragging out the blender or food processor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment