Friday, October 9, 2009

A Night of Shopping Has Me Worn Out

After a full day at work, followed by an evening of grocery shopping, I'm pretty tired.  It was 9:00 by the time Emma and I got back from the two "Save $10 Stores", got all of the groceries put away, and fixed dinner.  That left me thinking tonight about some of the kitchen shortcuts I use.  Have you ever checked out the seasoning packets in the Produce and Spice sections of the grocery store?

There are times when I feel really organized and I get my meals planned for a week.  I wish that were the rule and not the exception, but it happens sometimes.  When it does, I usually plan a slow cooker meal that I can "plop" in the crock pot in the morning and have ready to eat when I get home from work.  McCormick makes two of my favorite flavoring packets to use in the crock pot.  They are the "BBQ Pulled Pork" and the "Beef Stew".  Look for them on your next shopping trip.  You'll find them in the spice aisle.  Oh . . . they are soooo good!  The whole family will love them and there isn't much else to do to get dinner on the table.

Check back tomorrow night for a couple of game day recipes to serve to your friends and family during the football game.  Football food is a highlight in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment